In lasts week’s post I gave a introduction to the underworld of search engine optimisation (SEO). This week I’m going to look at the dos and don’ts of SEO.
If you read my post last week about SEO you could be forgiven for thinking SEO is something that should be avoided if you are an honest Joe, but you’d be wrong. SEO is incredibly important and if you avoid it you would be denying yourself one of the most important tools in the world of online marketing. Ignore SEO at your peril.
This week’s post is a quick one, it’s my quick list of the dos and don’ts of SEO.
- Do put serious thought into your SEO strategy
- Choose relevant keyword phrases to your offering
- Do research the popularity / conversion rate of keyword phrases before you begin your optimisation
- Do submit your site and sitemap to search engines
- Do monitor your site ranking and keywords
- Do monitor what your competitors are doing
- Do fight the good fight and stay honest/ethical
- Don’t Ignore SEO
- Don’t give in to using dishonest techniques to get ahead
Over the coming months I’m going to explore each of the dos listed above, starting with looking at the good and evil techniques available for SEO.
Till then I’d love to hear about any dos or don’ts that you’d like to see added to this list.